The Walkmen - Dreamboat
Your sympathy ain’t wasted on me
I’m celebrating Labor Day weekend by working Thursday through Tuesday. TAKE THAT AMERICA.
Hot Hot Heat - Middle Of Nowhere
They chewed me up and then they spit me out
And I’m not supposed to let it bother me
But maybe I’m a little bit weak - I let my frailty take the wheel
She said, “Maybe there’s a bit of me waiting for a bit of you. baby.”
But you’re waiting at the door where everybody’s hanging out just like they hung out before
You didn’t have to do it but you did it to say
That you didn’t have to do it but you would anyway
To give you something to go on when I go off back to the middle of nowhere
If you don’t sing along and dance around while this song is on, we need to have a chat.
- I’ve done a few favors for friends lately, and two of them rewarded me with a couple bottles of Jim Beam Honey and Jim Beam Fire. I’m having a Honey and Ginger tonight and hoo boy is it ever smooth. A dangerous combination. I was unsure about honey-tasting whiskey but so far it’s a solid thumbs up from me.
- I did 15k steps in six hours today and I know no one cares about your workouts, but all these steps have to pay off eventually, right? I’m gonna be super buff, right? Please just nod and smile.
- I finally got around to playing Dead Island, and man, that’s fun right there. I had been playing Mass Effect for quite some time and while I like it, I just wanted some mindless carnage for a bit.
- I think one of my favorite under-rated parts of college football is the marching bands playing songs in between plays. I especially like the interpretations of Black Sabbath songs that marching bands do. Ozzy was really onto something.
- It looks like I’m going to get to be face to face with my probable-daughter in a few weekends. It’s a nervous thing for me, but everything has been pretty smooth so far so I’m hopeful.
- It’s going to be super-hot here this whole week, which, I guess. We’ve had a nice, cool summer here, for the most part, so a mad week of high temps and humidity is probably overdue, but it’s not my thing and I will be probably cranky until it’s over.
- I talked to my sister for the first time in a while today. It was needed. I told her I missed her and meant it. We’ve had our moments the last few years but she means everything to me and always will.
- Your favorite gifs are welcome as replies.
Guess who goes shopping on holiday weekends?
On And On - Ghosts
'Cause I was on the verge to scream
When you wouldn’t scream about anything
YOU MADE IT
Aloe Blacc - I Need A Dollar
What in the world am I gonna to do tomorrow
is there someone whose dollar that I can borrow
Who can help me take away my sorrow
Maybe it’s inside the bottle